Explore the many ways art creates meaning and defines purpose for people across the globe. Join us for a free 45-minute guided tour featuring masterworks from the permanent collection and Inheritance, led by Student Educators, UCLA students from diverse academic disciplines who bring unique perspectives to the artwork on view. Please note that the artworks presented in Inheritance will not be viewed in their entirety during the tour.
Exhibition Tour includes:
Intersections: World Arts/Local Lives
Some of the finest objects from the Fowler’s extensive holdings of art from Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and the Indigenous Americas are featured in this long-term exhibition that celebrates world arts and the role art plays in peoples’ lives.
Inheritance: Recent Video Art from Africa
Three video installations by Kudzanai Chiurai (b. Zimbabwe), Zina Saro-Wiwa (b. Nigeria), and Mikhael Subotzky (b. South Africa), grapple with the ramifications of colonial policies that shaped the countries in which they grew up.
* Free tours are held Thursdays at 2:30pm during UCLA’s fall, winter, and spring quarters. No reservation required.
* K-12 school tours must register for a guided or self-guided tour.
* UCLA courses must register for a guided or self-guided visit.
* Spanish-speaking educators are available upon request with advanced notice and are also subject to availability. Email the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Parking in UCLA Lot 4, 398 Westwood Plaza, directly off Sunset Blvd | $12/day. Rideshare drop-off 305 Royce Dr.