In conjunction with Light and Shadows, celebrate the Jewish festival of Purim with young professionals from across Los Angeles! Purim recounts the biblical story of Esther, which took place in Shushan, identified as present-day Hamadan in Iran. Esther, a beautiful Jewish woman, is chosen to marry the powerful King Ahasueres, and eventually foils a plot by the king’s advisor, Haman, to exterminate the Jewish community. This story of betrayal and redemption is dear to Persian Jews, but celebrated by Jews around the globe. Come in fancy dress or masquerade for:
- open galleries
- exhibition tours with Saba Soomekh at 8:30 and 9:30 pm
- disguises and secrets with artist Hailey Loman
- desserts and hamantaschen treats
- dance beat by DJ Eliran
- cash bar (first drink is free)
- Live performances and surprises!
This event is geared towards young professionals ages 21+.
$10 general admission (includes one complimentary Beck's Sapphire beer or soft drink).